13.1.09

You put the weights all around yourself


Since I first heard Interpol I've been a fan. Over the years, my tastes have changed. I used to swear by TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS. It was their first album and a great on at that. It had such powerful and emotional songs with sweet bass lines, complimenting guitar riffs, haunting vocals and great lyrics. However, as I said, over the years my tastes and preferences have changed. I now love ANTICS a hell of a lot more than before. I don't think it flows as well as TOTBL, but its songs are better by themselves. This is odd because I usually hold that exact argument against certain bands' albums. For some reason, I put Interpol in a different league (probably because they are one of my high school bands that I'll always love but constantly reevaluate).

Anyway, enough blabbing for one day. I'll go somewhere and read more Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. It's a good read, it's just so LONG so I don't get the satisfaction of completion like I do with smaller books. I like to constantly read new things, and it seems like more of the same thing (or at least more of a similar thing) with this book. Like I said, it's good, and I do enjoy reading it, but after a while, I start thinking, "oh, yeah, that again."

Later y'all

Listening to: Interpol

No comments: